Fall 2020 Residential Discipleship Program
October 12 @ 8:00 am - November 9 @ 5:00 pm
Is Coronavirus throwing off your college plans for the year? Do you have to study online in your parents’ basement or elsewhere off-campus as a result? Or are you taking a gap year to avoid potential upheaval in the middle of the semester? Wouldn’t you rather study in community with a family and a few other students in a beautiful place and be mentored throughout in order to help you grow in your faith, establish healthy habits and rhythms, and think about what it means to follow Christ in every area of life?
September 14-28, 2020
October 12-November 9, 2020
The cost is $175 per week. Options available if cost is an issue.
Come and join us at Davenant House in the beautiful Appalachian foothills of upstate South Carolina! You’ll have a mountain-view environment to study in, home-cooked meals prepared in community together, nearly 150 wooded acres with hiking, gardening, 3-D archery, swimming, a library of around 2,000 books, and indoor recreation (including board games, ping-pong, foosball, and a pool table).
We’ll work with you to structure the days in a way that works with your college schedule, but the typical day will include:
- Breakfast and family worship to begin the morning together
- Working on various projects around the study center and grounds
- Reading and study for your program if you are in college and/or related to your spiritual growth interests and needs
- Time enjoying recreation, meals, fellowship and community life together
- All of this with an aim to grow as disciples of Christ who worship and know him more and seek to serve others better in all areas of life.
We are offering 2 separate opportunities for residential discipleship this fall, one that is two weeks and one that is four weeks. The dates are: Two weeks from September 14 through the 28 or four weeks from October 12 through November 9. The cost is $175 per week and includes meals, room and board, with the expectation of your participation in the work of everyday upkeep such as dishes, cleaning, meal preparation, etc. If cost is a hindrance, please talk to us about options to work regular hours while you are here in exchange for meals, room and board.